Saffron: A unique spice that holds a unique place in Persian Culture. Because of its exceptional properties, saffron is one of the most valuable species in the world. The reason why saffron is in great demand is because of the beautiful color, flavour, and fragrance that it adds to a dish. Persian Saffron Ice-cream is a delicacy that lets you experience the luscious flavors of saffron. Here is the recipe to prepare this delicacy.
Ingredients For The Recipe
- Milk: 1/2 cups
- Cream: 1 cup
- Sugar: 1/2 cup + 1 tsp
- Sugar: 1 pinch
- Saffron strands
- Rosewater: 3 tbsp
- Egg yolks: 3
- Shelled pistachios: 1/4 cup
Method Of Preparation
- First step to make the Persian Saffron Ice-cream is to add sugar and milk to a saucepan.
- Then add cream to it, and warm everything while keeping the heat medium.
- Stir the mixture so that the sugar dissolves completely. But ensure it doesn't boil. When it warms up, turn off the flame and remove the saucepan from the stove.
- Take saffron and 1 tsp of sugar and crush them together in a mortar so that it forms a powder.
- Now mix the sugar and saffron powder into the milk mixture, and add rosewater to it. Mix it well and then keep it in the fridge for 4 hours minimum.
- The time in the fridge is the duration for all the flavors to combine well. Hence don't hurry at this step. After cooling, take the milk mixture out and warm it up on low heat.
- Taper in the yolks of the egg. It's a very significant step because you don't want to cook the eggs.
- Put the eggs in a different bowl. Then gradually pour in a portion of the hot milk mixture while mixing. Then slowly empty the egg yolk combination into the warm saucepan. Ensure that you stir continuously until the blend thickens. It should take around 10 minutes.
- Put some ice and water in a bowl and place another bowl on top of it. Then place a strainer over it. Do it before you put the egg yolks in the hot mixture. Let the smaller bowl cool. Strain the mixture and allow it to chill.
- Process the mixture in an ice-cream maker along with pistachios. Once the ice-cream freezes, store it in an air-tight container. You can also freeze it for 3 hours before serving.
This recipe by MyPersianKitchen will make about 1 pint of ice-cream. The beautiful color and flavor of saffron and rosewater, along with the crunch of pistachio, is a perfect combination for your dessert servings. ExoticBionaturals provides you the best quality saffron that gives your dish the wonderful flavor, color, and aroma that you have always wanted.