Saffron, when added to a delicacy, makes it luxurious, aromatic, and imparts a beautiful flavor and color. On the other hand, vanilla has a caramel-like rich taste that can make super-delicious desserts. When we combine these two flavors, the combination is a magical one. Saffron and vanilla, when paired, go very well together. To enjoy the heavenly combo of saffron and vanilla, here is a recipe for Saffron Vanilla Bean Ice-cream by Alex and Felix Recipes, which will make one of the creamiest ice-creams you will ever taste.
Ingredients For The Recipe
- Half and half: 3 cups (10%)
- Heavy cream: 1 cup (35%)
- Egg Yolks: 8
- Sugar: 9 ounces
- Madagascar bourbon vanilla bean: 1
- Saffron: 1/4 teaspoon
Method of Preparation
- Mix the half and half, heavy cream, vanilla bean, and saffron strands in a pot. Keep it over medium flame and bring it to simmer.
- Let the cream heat up. Meanwhile, add yolks in a bowl and whisk it together. When blended properly, add the sugar whisk again until it turns into a pale yellow color.
- Next, remove the mixture of cream from the stove at 170 degrees Celsius, Now start adding the cream mixture to the egg yolks little by little and keep on whisking. Pour the hot cream till one-third of the quantity is added, and the eggs become warm. This process of gradually raising the temperature of eggs is called hardening.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer to eliminate any vanilla pods and lumps, and the mixture becomes smooth and silky.
- Keep the mixture in the refrigerator and let it cool down to a temperature of 35-40 degrees. It will take around 90 minutes.
- After cooling, process the mixture in an ice-cream maker. Ensure that the ice-cream maker is on at the time when you pour in the blend.
The Saffron Vanilla Bean Ice-cream is the perfect dessert for the sweet tooth of your family members and guests. To enhance the flavor of ice-cream, remember two things. The first one is to use high-quality saffron, like the one from ExtoticBionaturals. Second, crumble the saffron stands a little before adding to the dish. Once your ice-cream is ready, gradually enjoy the rich flavors with each bite.