Golden milk, which is also known as turmeric tea, is a beverage of complete goodness. Having a cup of golden milk is a win for your health, but why should it be boring?
While you avail of the health benefits of turmeric tea, you can also make it a treat for yourself by just a few customizations. Here is a recipe for healthy golden milk with some twist of spices and vanilla.
Ingredients For The Recipe
- Ginger, ground: 1/4 tsp
- Almond milk, unsweetened: 1 cup
- Honey: 1 tsp
- Cinnamon stick: 1 5-inch
- Black pepper, freshly ground: 1 pinch
- Cardamom pods: 2
- Cayenne pepper, ground: 1 Pinch
- Nutmeg freshly ground: 1 Pinch
- Black Peppercorns
- Star anise
- Ground Turmeric: 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla Bean: 1/2
- Fresh Vanilla Extract: 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil: 1/2 tsp
Method Of Preparation
- Place a little pan over low heat. Add the almond milk, one teaspoon honey, ginger, turmeric, and black pepper, and cinnamon stick. Mix it well with the help of a whisk till it combines well.
- Bring it to steaming, just under a simmer. Try not to let it reach boiling point. Keep it below a simmer, mixing once in a while, for 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the flame and then remove the cinnamon stick as well. If you have added other spices that need to be taken out, strain them using a fine-mesh strainer. Pour the milk back into the saucepan.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla. You can add more honey as per your requirement.
- Froth the tea by using a frother. Fill up the mug with and add a spoon of foam on the top. It's ready to serve.
This recipe by Kitchen Treaty helps you prepare a hot cup of turmeric tea for you and your family. Treat yourself with the goodness of turmeric and flavors of spices and vanilla with a cozy cup of healthy golden milk.